Make A Donation to The Miami Project
The recently enacted Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Stability (CARES) Act contains many provisions intended to bring relief to those affected by the crisis. Included are enhanced charitable giving incentives, designed to encourage philanthropy during a time when many nonprofits are experiencing significant concern over a decline.
The incentives, which apply only to cash gifts to qualified private nonprofit institutions and are only for this year, are the following:
- Taxpayers who take the standard deduction and do not itemize can take an “above-the-line” deduction of up to $300 for cash gifts made in 2020.
- For taxpayers who itemize their deductions, the CARES Act temporarily lifts the existing cap on annual contributions, raising it from 60 percent of adjusted gross income to 100 percent.
- For corporations, the legislation raises the annual limit from 10 percent of the corporation’s taxable income to 25 percent.
The CARES Act giving incentives create an opportunity for donors to amplify their philanthropy in 2020 at a time when the nonprofit sector requires it the most as they strive to meet the needs of many during this pandemic. For more information on charitable giving incentives or how you can support innovation, research, community service, and patient care, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Time Is Now
In an instant a life can be changed. A miscalculation, an error in judgment, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or an unexpected medical complication; paralysis doesn’t discriminate. It can happen to anyone at any time regardless of gender, age, sex or wealth. Every day the scientists at The Miami Project are finding new insights and discoveries as they work to find a cure for paralysis. But scientific research is expensive. This year, our budget is more than $19.5 million with 87 cents out of every dollar raised goes directly towards research. On behalf of the spinal cord injured community, thank you for supporting our research and believing in our mission.
3 Ways to give:
- Online – Donate online today! (Credit/debit card)
- Mail – Print and complete our Donation Form . Please make checks payable to the University of Miami/Miami Project and mail to:
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis
ATTN: Director of Annual Giving
P.O. Box 016960 (R48)
Miami, FL 33101
- Phone – please call us at (305) 243-7147 and we will take all the necessary information to process your contribution. (Credit/debit card)
If you have any questions at all regarding giving a contribution to The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, please call (305) 243-7147 or email to email@example.com.