Core Facilities: Transmission Electron Microscopy Core Facility
The TEM Core offers a variety of services, starting with the preparation of the sample for electron microscopy, to semi-thin and thin sectioning, to the final imaging. The laboratory can be found on the 5th floor of the Lois Pope LIFE Center (Room 5-23/24) while the two JEOL JEM-1400 transmission electron microscopes are located on the 4th floor (Room 4-34).
TEM CORE SERVICES
- Embedding (up to 4 samples) = $250.00 ($50.00 charge per each additional sample).
- Cutting semi-thin (1µm) sections stained with toluidine blue = $70.00/sample.
- Cutting semi-thin (1µm) sections stained with toluidine and cutting thin sections (100nm) for grids with contrast staining = $120.00/sample.
- Scoping session (“beam time”) on the JEOL JEM-1400 with TEM Core staff assistance $160.00/hour (billed in 15min increments).
- Independent user: $100.00/hour (the training fee is the same as beam time with TEM Core staff assistance).
- Technical time for loading grids with exosomes and nanoparticles: $60.00/hour.