National Mobility Awareness Month (NMAM) utilizes the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association network of members to educate the United States and Canada populations on how people with disabilities can live active, mobile lifestyles. They would like your help in spreading the word as they look for three Local Heroes to receive free wheelchair accessible vehicles. A Local Hero can be anyone in your community—a caregiver, veteran, or person with a disability—who volunteers, educates, advocates, achieves, or perseveres.
Did you know?
• Over 18 million people in the U.S. and Canada have mobility issues
• People with disabilities constitute the largest minority group in the United States and the only group anyone can become a member of at anytime
• One in five elderly have mobility issues
• There are mobility equipment manufacturers, dealers and certified driver rehabilitation specialists in your community dedicated to improving the lives of people with disabilities
• Automotive mobility solutions are available for people with disabilities, enabling them to enjoy active, mobile lifestyles NMEDA is a non-profit trade association of mobility equipment manufacturers, dealers, driver rehabilitation specialists, and other professionals dedicated to improving the lives of people with disabilities through the use of mobility solutions and wheelchair accessible vehicles.
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
Important Opportunity To Provide Your Opinion On What Would Encourage Or Discourage You From Participating In SCI Clinical Trials
Dr. Anderson-Erisman is conducting a new survey that anyone over the age of 18 who is living with a spinal cord injury can participate in. Very rarely are people with SCI asked for their input on factors involved in the design of clinical trials. As a result, many people may end up qualifying for trials, but decide not to participate because they are overly complicated or very burdensome. Here is your opportunity to provide direct input on what factors about clinical trials encourage or discourage you from participating. The survey only takes about 10 minutes to complete. We need input from many people so please feel free to share this message with your SCI friends and organizations.
Additional opportunity for you to provide your input on Factors Influencing Weight Management After SCI
Additional opportunity for you to provide your input on Pain After SCI